TLS Ceritificate

I am running Centos Server and have websites hosted. I have used SSL ceritificates from Le’s Encrypt. I would like to have TSL certificates. Kindlt guide me how to do it.

Do you mean a TLS certificate? TLS and SSL use the same certificates. You just need to configure your webserver to tell it which protocol to use. How you do that depends on what webserver you’re using (apache, nginx, etc)

Yes I meant TLS. Sorry for the typo. We are using nginx , May you please advice me how we can configure it to use TLS instead of SSL. I have used parallel plesk plugin to get it installed.

Normally with nginx you would add something like this to the appropriate server block in your nginx configuration file:

ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;

See https://mozilla.github.io/server-side-tls/ssl-config-generator/ for more options.

I don’t know if the procedure is different with Plesk though.

ssl_ciphers HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

We already have this in our server. We need to have updated to TLS1.2

Okay, so based on that, your server should already support TLS 1.2. If you need to support only TLS 1.2 then you need to remove TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 from the ssl_protocols line.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.