Time to rate limits

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: yo many certificates alreday issued for exact set of domains: www.traviline.nat.cu:

I have that error since Friday morning

My question is this:

When can I request a certificate again?

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Tommy :slightly_smiling_face:

You are allowed 5 duplicate certificates per any rolling 7-day period where certificates are considered duplicates of each other if they cover the exact same domain names in any order.

You can find the complete history of the certificates you have been issued on crt.sh.

1 Like

So if I reach the limit on Friday, should I wait until Friday of the other week?

1 Like

Yes. The exact time is indicated by the Timestamps of the certificates as seen on crt.sh. As long as you still have the private key for at least one of the certificates, you should be alright. You might consider creating a certificate covering both traviline.nat.cu and www.traviline.nat.cu (which you can do right now).

2 Likes

thanks, excellent help

1 Like

Hi @Tommy-Traviline

why are you doing that? That's a waste of resources.

Create one certificate, use it 60 - 85 days, then create the next.

It's not the idea using Letsencrypt to create 5 certificates per week with the same set of domain names.

2 Likes

I agree with @JuergenAuer

@Tommy-Traviline Please use the staging environment for testing and please store your production certificates and private keys on persistent storage, so they don't get deleted all the time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.