There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: utn.edu.ar

My domain is:
webmail.frsf.utn.edu.ar

I ran this command:
letsencrypt certonly --authenticator manual --agree-dev-preview --server https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory --text --config-dir letsencrypt/etc --logs-dir letsencrypt/log --work-dir letsencrypt/lib --email xxxx@frsf.utn.edu.ar --domains webmail.frsf.utn.edu.ar

It produced this output:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for: utn.edu.ar
Please see the logfiles in /root/letsencrypt/log for more details.

My operating system is (include version): CentoOS 7

My web server is (include version): Apache2.4

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

The problem is that the limit is established at utn.edu.ar level, and I need certificates for subdomain frsf.utn.edu.ar, that is a Faculty of the university. Can you increase the limit for our domain or increase the domain level check?

Hi @wjustet

For this you will want to submit a rate limit adjustment request form.

Thanks! I submitted the rate adjustemnt request form, I have some doubts about it because it doesn’t apply stricktly to our case were I need to unlock the rate to issue certificates for the subdomain we manage, our faculty, becasue we don’t manage the whole university level domain.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.