The server experienced an internal error :: Error finalizing order

If you see that error creating a new Letsencrypt certificate:

Wait, if the red

Service status: Service Disruption

is gone.

Or check

Thanks!

PS: Please don't start a new topic. Use this topic if you have that error message.

Makes things easier.

6 Likes

Thank you @JuergenAuer!

4 Likes

Wow this is bad huh?
Hack or just system outage?

@bigo104,

We’re encountering an API outage stemming from a database problem and are working through it as we speak per https://letsencrypt.status.io/ . We’ve been through worse and will get through this too. Remember, it’s just another day as an SRE. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would it be worth changing the appearance of the banner? Black on red isn’t the greatest contrast, so making it larger or changing it to just a red border instead of solid red (or both) might help people see it.

3 Likes

Ya, I cant imagine managing such an infrastructure – thanks for all your service and hard work – you guys are saving lives out here – for real!!!

3 Likes

I assume OSCP responder checks effected database to check if it’s revoked(and we did signed it at all)?

1 Like

For real – managing problems and they should push to update a ui css change , cmon bruh – fruitless.

The OCSP responders are functioning as intended.

1 Like

Nice thanks for the updates

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work, especially on a Sunday! So much respect for fellow SysAdmins!

3 Likes

We’re in the process of restoring API services right now. Before we re-enable certificate issuance we’re going to process the orphaned certificates queue.

3 Likes

thank you for your work :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I now have “Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains”. Like seriously, my backend has been down for hours and all my API services can’t be reached by my clients and I can’t ask for a certificate because I’ve tried to solve the problem.
I have deleted every certbot configuration files because I thought the problem was from my side. How can I retrieve a certificate?

3 Likes

same here --> too many certificates already issued

2 Likes

Certificates that were issued during the outage and later incorporated into the database are currently counting against rate limits. We realize that means some people will incorrectly see rate limited status even though they never got certificates during the outage. We’re discussing ways to fix, and will update when we have a conclusion.

5 Likes

Quick update: We have an implementation plan to fix the rate limit issues and working on fixing it.

5 Likes

Has the fix been implemented? For those effected should we attempt to renew ?

1 Like

Not yet. Will update here and on https://letsencrypt.status.io when it has.