The possibility of adding an amendment for a UN Agency

Thanks for running this wonderful service. I'd like to be able to use it for the UN Specialized Agency which I work for, but I am told that the terms of service will need a special amendment, similar to those which you've already published for the US Federal and State governments.

Is this the correct forum in which to kick off that process?

1 Like

I don't know much about this and I am just another forum user but if those amendment (nullifying jurisdiction clauses) granted, what will be governing court for that contract? US gov one would likely be themselves, but I can't see UNESCO holding a contract court or so.

P.S I'd like to call lestaff but most of them are engineer side and not sure we have any legal part of ISRG on here.

3 Likes

Hmm… maybe, but they may want you to contact them more directly.

I know I find it interesting that there's a special set of terms for the US but not apparently for other countries.

I'll do the pinging, since I think they're the only ones that can direct where this request can go:
@lestaff, throwing this one at you

4 Likes

I don't know the answer to this but I'll ask internally.

8 Likes

I know I find it interesting that there's a special set of terms for the US but not apparently for other countries.

it's on the repository:

3 Likes

Oh yes, I've seen it. I'm just saying that I find it interesting that the US, State, and Local governments get their own special terms of service but governments of other countries don't seem to have (or need?) them.

4 Likes

It looks like the letter of amendment the lawyers gave me today relies on the International Chamber of Commerce, but falls back on Swiss law.

3 Likes

They might not have asked. There's a lot of momentum in government and international government organizations.

4 Likes

After a quick internal discussion, it seems like we are not willing to take on any additional special amendments. They are expensive and complicated legally for us.

Are you sure you require one? Various other parts of the UN already use Let's Encrypt.

7 Likes

For example, https://crisisrelief.un.org/ uses a Let's Encrypt certificate today.

5 Likes

So do we, but one of the DNS administrators made a lot of noise last week about us being "too cutting edge" and now the lawyers are involved.

4 Likes