Struggling to renew certificate

My certificate expired yesterday. Now I get a warning when opening the website. I did a renewal via ./letsencrypt-auto certonly --force-renew -w /home/website -d . I use a Jetty server.

According to the letsencrypt logfiles the renewal was successful. The last modified edit of files privateky.pem, fullchain.pem, chain.pem and cert.pem in /etc/letsencrypt/live// was today.

But as you can see by visiting the website the certificate still shows that it was expired yesterday.

My domain

I ran this command:
./letsencrypt-auto certonly --force-renew -w /home/website -d

It produced this output:
Output has 386 lines with no error and on the end it is:
2019-10-11 10:19:35,412:DEBUG:certbot.reporter:Reporting to user: Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at:
/etc/letsencrypt/live//fullchain.pem
Your key file has been saved at:
/etc/letsencrypt/live//privkey.pem
Your cert will expire on 2020-01-09. To obtain a new or tweaked version of this certificate in the future, simply run letsencrypt-auto again. To non-interactively renew all of your certificates, run “letsencrypt-auto renew”
2019-10-11 10:19:35,412:DEBUG:certbot.reporter:Reporting to user: If you like Certbot, please consider supporting our work by:

My web server is (include version):
Jetty

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 18.04

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi @plaintext

please read your older topic:

There is a

keystore.jks

used. So additional steps are required your Jetty is able to use the certificate. Do these steps again.

1 Like

For automated renewal, you could make a shell script that performs all of these steps and then specify it to Certbot with the --deploy-hook option.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.