Certbot expired yet 'cert not yet due for renewal'

Hello,

I am trying to renew a letsencrypt cert on an bitnami apache server (Linux). I've received the let's encrypt emails that say my certificate is about to expire however when I attempted to renew my certificate I am told that my cert is not yet due for renewal.

This is what I attempted:

cd /etc/letsencrypt/

sudo certbot renew

Then I received the following message:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/MYWEBSITE.com.conf

Cert not yet due for renewal

The following certs are not due for renewal yet:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/MYWEBSITE.com/fullchain.pem (skipped)
No renewals were attempted.

I've restarted my webserver a few times and repeated these tasks with no avail. Any support will be greatly appreciated.

Could you tell us your real domain name? All Let's Encrypt certificates are in public Certificate Transparency logs, so it's not really an additional privacy concern.

We can't be sure, but it's probably due to this:

In particular, note that this reminder email is still sent if you've obtained a slightly different certificate by adding or removing names. If you've replaced this certificate with a newer one that covers more or fewer names than the list above, you may be able to ignore this message.

For example, if you had a certificate for "example.com, www.example.com" and replaced it with a certificate for "example.com, blog.example.com, www.example.com", you'll get warning emails when the old certificate approaches expiration, even though you've discarded it and your current certificate is fine.

If "sudo certbot renew" and "sudo certbot certificates" are happy, and Bitnami is configured to use the correct certificate, probably nothing is wrong and you can ignore the emails. (You'll get one or two more and then they'll stop once it expires.)

For anyone else experiencing this, running sudo certbot renew never gave me any kind of success message (or email). However, runningsudo cerbot certificates showed that the cert had been extended for 30 more days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.