SSL Wildcard Cert

This is my first time using LetsEncrypt.

I have successfully managed to manually create a wildcard cert. and upload to an Azure Key-Vault and link the SSL cert. to an Azure Application Gateway - this all works.

certbot certonly --email dummy.name@xxx.net -d *.dummy_sub_domain.abdcdef.abc.uk --agree-tos --manual --force-interactive

openssl pkcs12 -inkey privkey.pem -in cert.pem -certfile chain.pem -export -out ssl_wildcard_dataservice.pfx

Also domain verification works OK.

Because the SSL cert. only has a short life before it needs to be renewed I now need to put in place an automated renewal - what I need to do is...

  1. Azure Key can be linked with 'DigiCert' which is where the company I work for already has an account.

  2. If this means purchasing the wildcard domain via Digicert this is fine.

My question is: as I manually creating the cert(wildcard domain) via LetsEncrypt do I need to some how un-register/delete the cert linked to the wildcard domain before I can register it with Digicert?

You can have all the certs you want at the same time. Each of them will be valid until they expire.

Thank you very much for the quick reply...