SSL says expired

We have an issue with your service, we recently bought SSL from you
and now it states that its expired. It has lasted barely five days. Can you please check and explain what the issue could be?

Thank you

1 Like

Let's Encrypt certificates are free of charge, so if you bought it, it's highly unlikely it's a Let's Encrypt certificate or you bought it at some kind of middle man, selling free certificates at some price. I recommend you contact the person or company you've bought your certificate from.

2 Likes

You dont mean it !
This is the link i purchased from
https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/pricing

1 Like

https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/receipt?id=ch_1J4k6iA9rZBaUiupzLRHFdZZ

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Kennedy :slightly_smiling_face:

You have been misled. I recommend getting a refund and/or file a credit card chargeback.

If you're using cPanel, I'll send you a copy of my ACME client software with instructions so that you can get free Let's Encrypt certificates immediately.

We do not charge a fee for our certificates.

It seems you've bought a license for a cPanel/WHM plugin. That plugin should be able to issue Let's Encrypt certificates for you. If the plugin does not function properly, I suggest you contact FleetSSL for support. Their pricing page says your license comes with "1yr Email support".

I'm pretty sure offering cPanel/WHM plugins for a certain price is not a scam, unless I'm not understanding the cPanel/WHM ecosystem well enough.

2 Likes

I suppose that's true. It seems really shady though, especially at those prices.

1 Like

Please help me
send me a copy
Assist me on how i can get it for free

1 Like

That page does not sell certificates, it sells software (more precisely, a license for software) to obtain certificates. If your software license is expired in five days, go back to the site you bought it from and ask why--we can't help you with that. If your certificate expired in five days, (1) it wasn't a Let's Encrypt certificate (those are good for 90 days), (2) we could probably help you if you hadn't deleted the questions you were asked when you started this topic.

2 Likes

It's in the ballpark of Certify SSL Manager, which is $ 49,99 for a single server license per year. $ 30 for a plugin you can use indefinitely is better priced.

2 Likes

Does your cPanel have an SSL/TLS icon that allows you to install certificates?

1 Like

The people you bought the plugin from (which aren't Let's Encrypt) should be able to help you. Why not ask them?

You bought something from a completely different organization than the one on whose forum you're posting. Now that something doesn't work. The logical thing to do is to ask the vendor of the "something" what's going on--not to post on the site of an unrelated third party.

2 Likes

yes it does
All that we need was an SSL for my companies WHM/CPanel because we host quite a number of domains in the WHM. It reads unsecured and it was uncomfortable so we needed to protect it. I purchased it for $150.

1 Like

sure i will do. Thats if they will even refund it for me

1 Like

That's true. I'm a little wary of a company that can't even spell "license" correctly, but yeah, they seem to offer a one-time charge. Still unnecessary given the many free options (like mine).

2 Likes

Unnecessary? Maybe. Some people just like the idea of support from a company you paid for. I.e., you can, sort of, demand support, as your license comes with it. Although I agree there are tons of free options too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why should they?

The Brits, and those who spell like they do (which comprise a lot of people) do spell it that way, you know.

2 Likes

Guys please if theres a link where i can get this free SSL kindly help me out

1 Like
2 Likes

You've already paid for the software that should do that for you. I can't help you with that software, but the vendor (who isn't here) can.

2 Likes