Ssl revoked? error message received on website and dont know how to renew ssl

My domain is: scchost.org.uk (https://parish.scchost.org.uk/)

I ran this command: browsed the site

It produced this output: error message (The certificate verification failed in rule 'Block Expired Server (7 Day Tolerance) and Expired CA Certificates'.
Host: parish.scchost.org.uk)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: tsohost

has my ssl expired or been revoked? any answers much appreciated

Hi @DigitalStaffordshire, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

The cert expired many months ago.
See:
SSL Server Test: scchost.org.uk (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)
SSL Server Test: parish.scchost.org.uk (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Some parishes do have valid certs.
See:
crt.sh | parish.scchost.org.uk

1 Like

I know sometimes crt.sh does not show all history but right now I don't see any such certs created after 2021-05-08

2 Likes

@MikeMcQ
My eyes may have deceived me.
I can't see any newer than that date now either.
Also: Google Transparency is no longer providing such information?

2 Likes

how can I renew expired certs?

Same as you would get new ones.
Which depends on the ACME client and authentication method being used.

2 Likes

Are you the administrator of the affected web site?

If so, you need to look at your certificate automation and figure out why it's failing. Feel free to post here with logs and such of the certificate renewal process you're trying and people here may be able to help you figure it out, but right now nobody here has much to go on.

3 Likes

i am the admin for the site and edit content.The hosting service we have been using set up the SSL for us but now will not reinvoke/renew it for us and wondering if we can do this ourselves so we dont need to use the hosting service's ssl (as this would require migrating emails, and a fee).

That all depends on your hosting service. If you have full access to the server (that is, you can manage the Apache or nginx or the like configuration completely), then you probably can. If you only have "control panel" access, then you're at the mercy of what your hosting provider is willing to allow you to do through it.

3 Likes

Adding on to petercooperjr you should review at least the first two Overview topics

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.