SSL issue nginxpm

I had an issue with my home server, had to wipe a drive and the SSL certificates were involved, I used nginx proxy manager to request the SSL certificates before and since the wipe, I have not been able to re-request these, I've redeployed NGINX as it was dropped, so this would be a fresh install, I don't know if I needed some keys from before or not, but I do not have access to any previous SSL/Cert files.

by the way, the output of the command below says there is a file created for the logs, but there isn't any.
Also, sorry if this is a repeated question (probably is) I've read FAQs and some threads around and I haven't been able to find a solution.

My domain is: lakakid.dev

I ran this command: through NGINX proxy manager:
certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --work-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-lib" --logs-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-log" --cert-name "npm-5" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "lakakidd@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "jellyfin.lakakid.dev"

It produced this output:

[11/3/2023] [7:03:46 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Deleting file: /data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf
[11/3/2023] [7:03:46 AM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx
[11/3/2023] [7:03:59 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Deleting file: /data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf
[11/3/2023] [7:03:59 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Could not delete file: {
"errno": -2,
"syscall": "unlink",
"code": "ENOENT",
"path": "/data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf"
}
[11/3/2023] [7:03:59 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Deleting file: /data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf.err
[11/3/2023] [7:03:59 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Could not delete file: {
"errno": -2,
"syscall": "unlink",
"code": "ENOENT",
"path": "/data/nginx/proxy_host/2.conf.err"
}
[11/3/2023] [7:03:59 AM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx
[11/3/2023] [7:04:04 AM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Requesting Let'sEncrypt certificates for Cert #5: jellyfin.lakakid.dev
[11/3/2023] [7:04:04 AM] [SSL ] › :information_source: info Command: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --work-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-lib" --logs-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-log" --cert-name "npm-5" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "lakakidd@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "jellyfin.lakakid.dev"
[11/3/2023] [7:04:07 AM] [Nginx ] › ⬤ debug Deleting file: /data/nginx/temp/letsencrypt_5.conf
[11/3/2023] [7:04:07 AM] [Nginx ] › :information_source: info Reloading Nginx
[11/3/2023] [7:04:07 AM] [Express ] › :warning: warning Command failed: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --work-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-lib" --logs-dir "/tmp/letsencrypt-log" --cert-name "npm-5" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "lakakidd@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "jellyfin.lakakid.dev"
Saving debug log to /tmp/letsencrypt-log/letsencrypt.log
Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /tmp/letsencrypt-log/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version): nginx version: openresty/1.21.4.2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: N/A / self-hosted

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No, ubuntu server CLI
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @danielCruzSalazar, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Do you need to use NPM?
You will get more, and better, support here if you simply use nginx and certbot.

2 Likes

Not really, its just the way I learned to do this, I'm really new to all these, it worked once and I let it go, I use the latest nginx image and work around the webUI they provide, if there is a better/easier way to do this please let me know, I'll jump into it right away

It looks like you have a working HTTP web site:

curl -Ii lakakid.dev
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 08:44:51 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 612
Last-Modified: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 08:23:30 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "6544ae02-264"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

What shows?:

nginx -T

2 Likes

it is alive right now since I decided to follow the recommendation of not using nginx proxy manager, I am currently trying to configure nginx and certbot by following digitalocean's guide on both matters. I guess since I'm no longer (for now unless I really can't figure nginx-certbot configs tho it seams really easy) using npm, this issue could be set as closed.

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry for any inconveniences!

2 Likes

Not a problem.
If you run into any trouble... we are always here!

Cheers from Miami :beers:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.