Help with error when requesting new SSL certificate (nginx proxy manager)

I'm not too experienced in this, so would greatly appreciate help!

My domain is: jjnether.duckdns.com

I'm using nginx proxy manager, and I'm trying to create a new proxy host. I get this error when trying to create a new SSL certificate (see log below and image: Imgur: The magic of the Internet).

It says internal error. The log for npm is below

I'm using duckdns for the domain, and my goal is to provide outside access to my overseerr server.

I'm running with docker on a synology NAS (DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2)

I used this guide to install npm: How to Install Nginx Proxy Manager on Your Synology NAS – Marius Hosting

Log:

[11/3/2022] [12:36:14 AM] [Nginx    ] › ℹ  info      Reloading Nginx
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
[11/3/2022] [12:36:23 AM] [Express  ] › ⚠  warning   Command failed: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-4" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "jjnether@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "jjnether.duckdns.org" 
[11/3/2022] [12:36:19 AM] [SSL      ] › ℹ  info      Command: certbot certonly --config "/etc/letsencrypt.ini" --cert-name "npm-4" --agree-tos --authenticator webroot --email "jjnether@gmail.com" --preferred-challenges "dns,http" --domains "jjnether.duckdns.org" 
[11/3/2022] [12:36:19 AM] [SSL      ] › ℹ  info      Requesting Let'sEncrypt certificates for Cert #4: jjnether.duckdns.org
Some challenges have failed.
[11/3/2022] [12:36:22 AM] [Nginx    ] › ℹ  info      Reloading Nginx

We'd probably need to see the contents of the /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log file. The output from npm doesn't really reveal much.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response. I don't actually have a /var/log/letsencrypt directory... not sure where I should find the log you're looking for.

In case I have something setup wrong, my docker compose for npm is below:

app:
        image: 'jc21/nginx-proxy-manager:latest'
        container_name: npm
        restart: always
        ports:
          - '8341:80'
          - '81:81'
          - '8766:443'
        volumes:
          - /volume1/docker/npm/config.json:/app/config/production.json
          - /volume1/docker/npm/data:/data
          - /volume1/docker/npm/letsencrypt:/etc/letsencrypt

Here you can see me trying to find that directory with ssh: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Perhaps it's a permissions issue?

1 Like

Try finding it with:
find / -name letsencrypt.log

2 Likes

Hopefully is a small and fast filesystem. :smile:

1 Like

That seems to use non-standard ports [externally].
In order to use HTTP-01 authentication, the external port 80 must reach your ACME client.

3 Likes

Best Practice - Keep Port 80 Open

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.