SSL installed but domains still showing unsecured

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: snarlgaming.com reynoldsforum.com

I ran this command: certbot certificates

It produced this output:

Found the following certs:
Certificate Name: snarlgaming.com
Serial Number: 30a5ee22278b5cb39c110427f696933b215
Key Type: RSA
Domains: snarlgaming.com reynoldsforum.com
Expiry Date: 2021-10-22 00:31:38+00:00 (VALID: 89 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/snarlgaming.com/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/snarlgaming.com/privkey.pem

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu Server 21.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: local

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.17.0

Okay so earlier I messed up my whole server by deleting a certificate off of the system. Finally have it back up and running. EVERYTHING seems to be working fine. Except my domain names are still showing up as not secure. Even when I click on the handler it says the certificate is OK. Not sure what I am missing here ? LetsDebug comes back with a positive result as well. Thanks for all your guys help!

1 Like

Please show which URLs produce such a message (and the full message too).

2 Likes

I checked WhyNoPadlock.com and SSLLabs.com but didn't find anything out of the ordinary.
[Only one slight possible issue: DHE ciphers are not easily implemented; as the DH size is not negotiable. Unless required, I would remove them.]

2 Likes

Well, both sites currently return a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. Thats more likely due to a misconfiguration of your webserver than an issue with the TLS certificates: your certificates are working nicely for both sites.

3 Likes

so I started from scratch and everything seems to be fine now after following the rules, still can't find a Vhost for reynoldsforum.com so I just stuck with snarlgaming.com as secured. I am gonna take my time and figure out how to get a certificate for the reynolds site at some other point. Thank you guys so much! by far my favorite forum so far you guys are awesome and respond in an amazingly rapid manner.

2 Likes

Please be carefull with "starting over from stratch". Let's Encrypt enforces rate limits which cannot be bypassed: once a certificate has been issued, the resources have been spend and will keep spending resources for the 90 days lifetime due to OCSP. Therefore, "starting from scratch" including deleting previously issued certs is a bad thing!

Also, in my opinion, starting from scratch is almost never necessary too. I think it's better to debug and learn from any mistake or error present. By restarting from scratch you'll almost never learn to deal with the actual problem at hand. Also, getting two sites to work in Apache is no rocket science..

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.