SSL certificate renewal when webmaster disappeared

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:https://omnipro.net

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I'm very sorry for the lack of information. I just don't know it. The webmaster we used has just disappeared. Literally. Our login in to our own site has expired as well so we are just stuck. Our SSL certificate has expired so any visitors get the security issue warning. I am NOT a web designer. I am just the lucky one tasked with trying to get our site up and running. Is there a way for me to update our SSL certificate without having access to the server and all the information above? I'm so sorry for this very basic request. I hope someone can be kind enough to let me know if there is a simple fix or if we are just screwed. Thanks all.

1 Like

It looks like your site is hosted on AWS in an EC2 container. Is your account with AWS directly? Because it is essential you get access to your account so you can pay their bills if nothing else.

Not really unless you are buying a service that manages your site for you on AWS. Let's Encrypt certs require software (an ACME Client) to request the certs. Usually this Client runs on your server and automatically refreshes the cert every 60 days.

Your cert expired last Oct29 2023 so has been broken for some time

If you can get SSH access to your EC2 instance we can probably find the ACME Client you were using and maybe even guide you to fixing it.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.