SSL Certificate renewal issue

My domain is: www.1rs.io

I ran this command:
sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email=“ericsupport@1rs.io” --domains=“1rs.io” --domains=“www.1rs.io” --domains=“*.1rs.io” --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" renew --days 90

It produced this output:
2020/06/01 10:46:15 No key found for account “ericsupport@1rs.io”. Generating a P384 key.

2020/06/01 10:46:15 Saved key to /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/accounts/acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/“ericsupport@1rs.io”/keys/“ericsupport@1rs.io”.key

2020/06/01 10:46:16 Account “ericsupport@1rs.io” is not registered. Use ‘run’ to register a new accountWhich server blocks would you like to modify?
My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
nginx version: nginx/1.16.1

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
NO, I didn’t configure the SSL via Control Panel, but did it via by logging into EC2 instance.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Am not using certbot I believe, when I type certbot --version or certbot-auto --version, it says command not found.

1 Like

Note: I'm not familiair with the lego client, nor with Bitname. But this error message:

Gives a hint. Did you try using the run command?

Also, do you really need to use all those options like --email and --domains again for the renew command of lego?

1 Like

Email is mandatory for renewal. I had earlier registered using the same email id and getting reminders from Let’s Encrypt for the certificate renewals.

1 Like

I was able to successfully renew the certificate.

I had to rerun lego for registration, post which new certificates were obtained.

Also it has to be noted that I had to use the http challenge as TLS or DNS was not working for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.