SSL certificate renewal failing on HostPresto - "wrong domain"

I’m creating and renewing SSL certificates for a website on HostPresto using the ZeroSSL browser ACME service. Until now it’s been working for almost a year. After the first renewal, all that was needed was reinserting key and CSR and it would produce a new certificate that could be pasted into the dedicated cPanel section. However, now when I do it it doesn’t allow me to install the new certificate, giving me a ‘wrong domain name’ error. Did something change recently? Should I redo the process from zero, regenerating a new CSR?

My domain is: www.flaviacatenaph.com

My hosting provider is: HostPresto

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
cPanel

Hi @Gan_HOPE326

you have created a new certificate ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=flaviacatenaph.com#ct-logs ):

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-08 2019-12-07 www.flaviacatenaph.com
1 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-09-01 2019-11-30 www.flaviacatenaph.com
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-05-07 2019-08-05 www.flaviacatenaph.com
1 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2018-05-12 2018-08-10 www.flaviacatenaph.com
1 entries

But the certificate (and all older) have only one domain name. It's better to create one certificate with both domain names - flaviacatenaph.com and www.flaviacatenaph.com.

And you don't use the newest certificate. Instead, there is the old certificate:

CN=www.flaviacatenaph.com
394 days expired	www.flaviacatenaph.com - 1 entry

So first step: Create a CSR with both domain names, then a certificate with both domain names. Then try to install that certificate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.