SSL certificate for Moonfruit hosted web-site

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.vintagewatchstore.co.uk

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Moonfruit

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
dns zone run by www.names.co.uk

There is no facility to allow a CAA record to be added to the DNS zone of this web-site which is run through MoonFruit in the UK

Is there a way i can remotely point to my site from another hosting company with an SSL certificate to make it secure ?

No CAA record is required. What problem are you having?

There appear to be no way to add an SSL certificate to the DNS zone ?

You don’t add SSL certificates to DNS zones. You add them to services on your server, like web, email, etc.

There is no C-Panel or access to server with MoonFruit just the DNS where you can add mail exchange records, service records and host name records.

Hence my query,

Is there a way i can remotely point to my site from another hosting company with an SSL certificate to make it secure ?

Your question doesn’t make any sense, because you keep bring DNS into it–DNS has (almost) nothing to do with SSL, certificates, issuing certificates, etc. But no, there’s no sensible way* to “remotely point to my site from another hosting company with an SSL certificate.”

This link makes it sound like Moonfruit doesn’t support SSL at all. This is mind-bogglingly stupid in this day and age. I’d strongly encourage you to take your web hosting business elsewhere, perhaps to one of the hundreds of web hosts who support Let’s Encrypt out of the box, rather than to continue to support such a customer-hostile provider.

*Sure, there are ways that are not sensible. You could set up a reverse proxy at some other host, and use that to proxy the content you have at moonfruit. It would give your users the cherished padlock, but all the traffic would still be traveling over the Internet in cleartext.

Thank you for your time and reply, greatly appreciated.

Will shift my web-hosting business elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.