Site5 Reseller Account

Site5 told me to get code from Let’s Encrypt and Site5 would install it and that we will have to do this every 3 months on each of my hosting accounts. I am a reseller and this is just one of the websites that wants SSL. Who do I request this code from?

My domain is: ntcwa.org

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: site5

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):yes, cpanel version: 70.0 (build 69)

Hi @gww50

that's not the idea of using Letsencrypt certificates.

Please start with some basics.

If you don't have root access, your options are limited. Perhaps it's better if you switch to a hoster with integrated Letsencrypt support. Or to a server with root access.

With root access, you can select an own client.

Yes, I know that. Thank you, but this is what I have and to move many many websites now is more difficult. Site5 is willing to install if I get code for each - only my non-profit customers need the free SSL and that is not the bulk of my customers, the others pay Site5’s fee for auto SSL. I want to help them all I can.

Perhaps you should consider helping them migrate to a less user-hostile host.

If you want an experience akin to a paid CA’s certificate issuance flow, except without the payment part and with a more frequent renewal obligation, you could use ZeroSSL (which is a third-party web interface to Let’s Encrypt certificate issuance). As other people have suggested, this isn’t a recommended way to use Let’s Encrypt from the point of view of Let’s Encrypt’s developers, because Let’s Encrypt is designed to be used with automated renewals rather than manual renewals.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.