Site suddenly not secure

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: https://culturematters.com

I ran this command: none

It produced this output: suddenly an unsecure site

My web server is (include version): Digital Ocean; Ubuntu 16.04 x64 (if that’s what you need)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04 x64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): I only use Digital Ocean

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): I have no idea

Do you know who setup your certificate in the first place?

1 Like

Hi @chrissmit

your certificate is simply expired, one day:

CN=culturematters.com
1 days expired	culturematters.com, www.culturematters.com - 2 entries

But the configuration looks ok, port 80 is open and answers, no wrong redirect.

What says

sudo certbot certificates
1 Like

I do. It’s a friend of mine who is busy at this moment. So I want to understand myself what is going on and how to fix it now and in the future.

At this moment the person who initially installed the SSL certificate has corrected the error.
For the moment, I’m leaving it as it is.

Thank you for your replies in the meantime.

2 Likes

Yep, now you have a new certificate:

CN=culturematters.com
expires in 90 days	culturematters.com, 
www.culturematters.com - 2 entries

But Letsencrypt means “automation”, Letsencrypt certificates are only 90 days valid.

Typical, the renew starts after 60 days.

So check your domain in 65 - 70 days to see, if that has worked.

Yes, I’ve made a note in my agenda for this.

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.