Setup LE on shared hosting plan

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:
www.blogwithdotcom.com
I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):
centos 6
My web server is (include version):
Apache
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
bluehost india
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
i dont know
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes

what should i have to do to get cert , I was trying to get cert by installing ubuntu 14.04 on vmware. and then i am getting error

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: www.blogwithdotcom.com
    Type: unauthorized
    Detail: Incorrect validation certificate for TLS-SNI-01 challenge.
    Requested
    93c310bcabfbefd22cf203a964d98ab9.e26a95a65f4bca219708fc51b54a870c.acme.invalid
    from 162.215.253.215:443. Received certificate containing
    ’*.webhostbox.net, webhostbox.net

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address.

It might be easier for you to use DNS authentication, especially if you are trying to run a client on a different machine. Recent versions of certbot support that (as well as some other clients, such as Perl and Bash ones). If you cannot run any client at all, you can try ZeroSSL Certificate Wizard (which does not require installing anything), but of course to benefit from fully automatic renewals it is better to have some client actually installed on your host.

Before you do that though, double-check with your hoster to see if it is actually possible for your hosting plan to use third-party SSL certificates at all and how much of extra costs it might involve (for example, you might be charged for some add-ons such as a dedicated IP or for the “installation” process). Some links of interest:

http://manage.bluehost.in/kb/servlet/KBServlet/faq851.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.