Says LE is active but website still says Connection Not Private and won't let access

It's... so... beautiful!

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Always make sure to restart apache or nginx after acquiring your new certificate! One poor guy didn't do this for 6 months...

3 Likes

Yes it is! I've been banging my head against this for hours! Thank you so much for the timely advice! :rocket:

3 Likes

Oh man, lesson learned! Will do! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As for the other things, address as you will.

@_az

How to get rid of TLSv1?

1 Like

Oh, right. How to do this? I found this link, but I can't really understand the instructions.

2 Likes

do you use apache or nginx?

I reran your test. Looking pretty good. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Apache. That's the restart command I used and I think is the default in Lightsail.

2 Likes

How about this? Should take you... 5 seconds to try. :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, this is what's happening:

bitnami@ip-172-26-4-46:~ SSLProtocol TLSv1.2 SSLProtocol: command not found bitnami@ip-172-26-4-46:~
bitnami@ip-172-26-4-46:~$ /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf
-bash: /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf: Permission denied

2 Likes
  1. Open /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf in your favorite text editor.
  2. Change the entry of SSLProtocol to TLSv1.2.
  3. Run /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache
1 Like

Thank you for the prompt responses. This is the part I'm not able to understand. I only have a terminal within Lightsail I can use and where I'm running into an issue (refer to the screenshot below).

I'm not much of a dev, apologies if I'm missing something too obvious! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sudo nano /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf

1 Like

Damn - nothing specific to Bitnami in the Mozilla page! ! !

Even the REFERENCE doesn't cover all cases
2 Likes

I've already found the answer, Rudy. :upside_down_face:
In the Bitnami community too!

2 Likes

Does that really surprise you? It is Bitnami after all... :grin:

2 Likes

Superb! Thank worked. Results look good? https://www.whynopadlock.com/results/ed30a6a3-fe91-4477-b71c-97c9f2279b86

3 Likes

Looking great, my friend! :grinning:

Just decide on www or non-www sometime soon and adjust your redirects to all go there and you're golden. :clap:

3 Likes

Got it! I think I know how to sort that out. Thank you so much for all the prompt help! :unicorn:

3 Likes

You're very welcome. If you have questions or run into any further trouble, you know where to find us. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes