Safe to force update certbot? (Ubuntu)

Hi.

My system running Ubuntu 16.04.4.
Main webserver: NGINX

I have already installed a couple of SSL installed using certbot that update automatically.

So I run my scheduled apt-get update, apt-get upgrade (once per month).

I noticed the following message:

The following packages have been kept back:
certbot python-acme python-certbot-nginx python-parsedatetime

So I run:
apt-get install certbot python-acme python-certbot-nginx python-parsedatetime

and the response was:

The following additional packages will be installed:
javascript-common libjs-jquery libjs-sphinxdoc libjs-underscore python-configparser python-future python josepy python3-acme python3-asn1crypto python3-certbot python3-certbot-nginx python3-certifi python3-cffi-backend
python3-chardet python3-configargparse python3-configobj python3-cryptography python3-funcsigs python3-future python3-icu python3-idna python3-josepy python3-mock python3-ndg-httpsclient python3-openssl python3-parsedatetime
python3-pbr python3-pkg-resources python3-pyasn1 python3-pyparsing python3-requests python3-rfc3339 python3-six python3-tz python3-urllib3 python3-zope.component python3-zope.event python3-zope.hookable python3-zope.interface
Suggested packages:
python3-certbot-apache python-certbot-doc python-acme-doc python-future-doc python-certbot-nginx-doc python-configobj-doc python-cryptography-doc python3-cryptography-vectors python-funcsigs-doc python-mock-doc python-openssl-doc
python3-openssl-dbg python3-setuptools doc-base python3-socks
The following packages will be REMOVED:
python-certbot
The following NEW packages will be installed:
javascript-common libjs-jquery libjs-sphinxdoc libjs-underscore python-configparser python-future python-josepy python3-acme python3-asn1crypto python3-certbot python3-certbot-nginx python3-certifi python3-cffi-backend
python3-chardet python3-configargparse python3-configobj python3-cryptography python3-funcsigs python3-future python3-icu python3-idna python3-josepy python3-mock python3-ndg-httpsclient python3-openssl python3-parsedatetime
python3-pbr python3-pkg-resources python3-pyasn1 python3-pyparsing python3-requests python3-rfc3339 python3-six python3-tz python3-urllib3 python3-zope.component python3-zope.event python3-zope.hookable python3-zope.interface
The following packages will be upgraded:
certbot python-acme python-certbot-nginx python-parsedatetime
4 upgraded, 39 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 3,081 kB of archives.
After this operation, 14.0 MB of additional disk space will be used.

So it says that python-certbot will be removed.

Is it safe to force the update?

Kind regards

Try the advice from this thread.

Sorry for the duplicate

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.