Last days i wanted to get started with letsencrypt.org but there are not really good tutorials for “server noobs”. I know how to make websites, but i am not really into the “server things”. However i think the main goal of letsencrypt.org is that everyone will use https. The first step is to make good / step by step tutorials for everyone. Also for people who don’t know that much about servers.
In the end i started with: https://raymii.org/s/articles/Lets_Encrypt_Directadmin.html
Some information i know:
- I have root access to my server.
- Directadmin is running on server.
- Running on CentOS 5.5
- Python version 2.4.3
- uname -a information: i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
What i did:
- Downloaded Putty.
- Made a SSH connection with the server as root.
- I tried to do: yum install git but it resulted in some errors. After searching on Google i did: yum --disableexcludes=main install git and later on i could install git.
- Then i did:
git clone https://github.com/letsencrypt/letsencrypt
- cd letsencrypt*
At the end i got this:
./letsencrypt-auto: line 103: [: too many arguments
./letsencrypt-auto: line 105: [: too many arguments
Updating letsencrypt and virtual environment dependencies…/letsencrypt-auto: line 185: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: No such file or directory
I tried to solve the problem by searching on Google for this problem, but i did not really find a working solution.
I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!