Reset synology nas and lost certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:godvasher.us

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): apache 7.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): DSM 6.q

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): yes

I reset my nas synology that i have set up the let’s encrypt. It’s there anyway i could recover it or make a new one ???

Hi @godvasher,

You have the only copy of your private key, so nobody else can recover that if you delete it. The certificate is not usable without the associated private key.

There should be no reason that you can't just repeat the process that you followed earlier and make a new certificate, ignoring the existence of the old one. Multiple certificates for the same domain names can exist and be valid at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah i believe i cannot recover my private key but it’s there anyone way i could delete , revoke or kill that certificate ???

It’s quite difficult to do so without your private keys, and also not necessary. Revocation is only required in situations such as when there is reason to believe that someone else has stolen the private key.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.