Request for Certificate

My domain name (hodm.org hosted by discountasp.net) is not related to the Synology NAS in my home, on which I want to add a certificate. How do I proceed?

Thanks,
David

Hi,

What’s your target?

Add a certificate of hodm.org to your Synology NAS (at your home, not hosting the hodm.org)?

If this is the case, you’ll need to obtain a certificate from hodm.org (the hosting service) and upload that to your Synology NAS.

Thank you

More info from David – Actually I have a server.csr file I want to submit to Let’s Encrypt to apply for a signed certificate. How do i do that? I will then import the certificate to my Synology NAS.

Thanks for that input. You comments helped me realize the written instructions from Synology were leading me down the wrong path. I will attempt the guidance provided by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajoUSlivYw.

You could go to a web based client like sslforfree.com or zerossl.com, and complete the challenge / download cert.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.