Renew certs on Debian 7

I have a couple of sites on this server that I wish to renew, but it doesn’t do it with the command. Some of them come with different domain suffixes, as .com, .net.

My domain is:

orestad-linux.se

I ran this command:

./certbot-auto renew and ./certbot-auto --force-renew

It produced this output:

./certbot-auto renew
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

No renewals were attempted.

and

./certbot-auto --force-renew
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Certbot doesn’t know how to automatically configure the web server on this system. However, it can still get a certificate for you. Please run “certbot-auto certonly” to do so. You’ll need to manually configure your web server to use the resulting certificate.

My web server is (include version):

Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

Debian 7 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi @niccoX

looks ok. There is a certificate created today.

Hi,

What about the command ./certbot-auto renew --dry-run?

The --force-renewal flag should follow the renew… else certbot may not know what you are trying to do…
(--dry-run may be a better fit in this situation because it’ll simulate the renewal process without consuming certificate allotments from Let’s Encrypt)

Thank you

It should also tell you why. Probably because the certs are valid for 30 or more days. Why do you need to renew already?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.