Renew a SSL cert

How can I renew a cert? Thank you

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is :dgf-vm.exac.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Linux 7

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hello @exactech, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Using https://letsdebug.net/ with HTTP-01 shows
Let's Debug

So unless you are using the DNS-01 challenge Challenge Types - Let's Encrypt you will not be able to get issued a certificate.

HTTP-01 challenge needs to be able to access your server for Domain Validation
Best Practice - Keep Port 80 Open

1 Like

What did you do to get the cert in the first place? Do it again.

3 Likes

Here is a list of issued certificates crt.sh | dgf-vm.exac.com, the latest being 2022-08-11 for dgf-vm.exac.com no www.dgf-vm.exac.com

1 Like

I gave OP a correct answer--indeed, the only answer that can be given with the information he provided--that should steer him in the correct direction to get his cert renewed. You chose to scold me for doing so. Judge for yourself: which of the two of us contributed something to solving OP's problem?

4 Likes

@danb35 You're right, I shouldn't have posted anything until I had a better answer. Thing is, I was looking for the answer to just this question, having installed my SSL certificate 90+1 days ago and having absolutely no idea how I did it. So, I read a couple of pages here at Let's Encrypt and came across the term "certbot", and things started coming back to me. But not enough to get the job done, so I went to Certbot (eff.org), and found the certbot instructions page: https://certbot.eff.org/instructions

And, lo and behold, 5 minutes later I had renewed my SSL certificate.

So, that's my better answer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.