Removing everything downloaded by certbot-auto

I ran:

certbot-auto --apache -d my.domain

on Ubuntu 14 as part of an installation process given on a web tutorial. Long story short, I want to remove everything associated with this since it didn’t work as expected. I’ve already uninstalled Apache, but I’m having trouble figuring out where certbot-auto placed the majority of what was downloaded. I recall it stating it was downloading something like 115MB of stuff.

I’ve found command line options to remove specific certs, but I want to delete everything it downloaded and installed.

Is there an easy way to do this, or if not, where does it place all the downloaded content?

Hi @jrmymllr,

The downloaded files were primarily source code that was used to compile Python packages, which, once compiled and installed, are likely to be somewhat smaller than the original download size. (When I just tested this I ended up with about 41 MB of compiled package files.)

These packages are probably in ~/.local/share/letsencrypt, and if you ran certbot-auto to try to get a certificate, you’ll probably also have some associated files in /etc/letsencrypt and /var/log/letsencrypt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.