Ratelimit question

I need someone to reset my rate limit if its possible because my platform is stagnating due to it and I don't plan on paying AWS 400$ + issued cert for a certificate, which I'd rather donate to lets encrypt devs directly (not eff because I hate it).

I hired some guy through upwork, pretty much i got scammed because guy didn't know how to setup reverse proxy and I had errands to run this morning. I hate myself for not doing it, because I relied on a third party and chargebacks started coming in.

Pretty much he hasn't generated wildcard domain but started with the least important task of them all and everything is on fire.

My domain is: cybernite.org

It produced this output:

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: marketing.cybernite.org: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

My web server is (include version): Nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): RHEL

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): i can log root ofc

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): latest

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry to hear of your horrible experience. :worried:

From the certificate history of cybernite.org, it like like you should have no trouble generating a Let's Encrypt certificate covering cybernite.org and *.cybernite.org, which will also cover marketing.cybernite.org.

@danb35's questions below are valid. Those certificates will still work if you have their private keys. You also have valid Amazon certificates covering cybernite.org and *.cybernite.org that should work as well.

3 Likes

It isn't.

Why can't you use one of these? You created all of them today, in the span of about an hour. What happened to them?

5 Likes

No idea, time to check elastic

3 Likes

Or maybe CloudFront? Your DNS points to 4 different IPs related to CloudFront

2 Likes

filebeat :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.