Rate limit increase request

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: dx.commercecloud.salesforce.com

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our infrastructure for customer environment to a new architecture that would allow us to serve the customers with individual URLs and certificates. We used to have one wildcard cert for all customers. With this change, we need to request a little over 1300 certificates in the span of a week (during the migration). We hit he rate limit earlier this week and all certificate orders are currently in pending status.

I filled out the rate limiting form (Let's Encrypt Rate Limit Adjustment Request Form) a few days ago. I understand that this may not be looked into for weeks and not guaranteed to be processed. However we are now stuck in the middle of the migration with over 1300 pending certificate requests. I wonder if someone from the Let's Encrypt team could take a look at the rate limiting form I submitted and process it? We really just need the rate limit to be temporarily raised for about a week or two. Once we've received all 1300 certs, the 50 weekly limit is plenty for us as we only need to request new certs when adding new customers.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thanks for filling out the form. It's correct that we process rate limit requests every few weeks. We're processing some in the next 24 hours and you will receive a confirmation email if your request is successful.

As you migrate your services, please make sure you plan to spread your renewals. Rate limit adjustments are not temporary so if you renew all your certs at the same time it will continue to work. However, if you begin renewing more certificates in that time frame, you will see failures to renew.

4 Likes

Thank you @jillian! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the form as this is the first time I filled out one.

Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.