Rate Limit Adjustment

Hello,

I am working with a large content delivery network which is utilizing LetsEncrypt for certificates.

I've submitted a request or three over the years to update rate limits because on occasion (onboarding lots of new customers) we had issuance bursts where we would easily hit rate limits, I unfortunately never heard back but the issues were transitory at the time just due to bursts of issuance.

We recently crossed a threshold where it's become impossible for us to actually renew all certificates with the 300/3 hours rate limit. I submitted a request a week or two ago and haven't heard back.

I don't mean to be pushy, I know LetsEncrypt is a free service (actually part of what I'd like to discuss with a contact is some sponsorship to change that!), but, am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to get a response?

Thanks in advance,

-Adam

3 Likes

Dear @lestaff, could you please take a look at this? Thank you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi,

We have processed all rate limit adjustment requests through 12/10. I don't have any information other than maybe your name, which I do not see as matching any requests we have received. Can you make your request again on the form on Rate Limits - Let's Encrypt or provide me with the ACME account ID used to make the request? If for some reason you do not feel comfortable posting that information, feel free to DM me.

Thanks!

-JP

7 Likes

Hi JP,

That's weird. I know I submitted it before. I just re-did it again, there's a few account IDs related (74398869,119153273,74398499,91980346) and included it all on the form there.

Thanks again and I look forward to speaking,

-Adam

4 Likes

Hi Adam,

The other requests you have sent were malformed - either did not contain the ACME account ID or domain or contained requests for under the default rate limit. I see I did reach out in January of 2020 confirming one such malformed request.

I have added a section to the form to include the error message you are getting from Let's Encrypt so that it's easy to identify the rate limit the requester is hitting. I think that will solve this issue from here on out!

I have added your request to the queue and it will be moved into production next week. We will send you an email when the request is in production.

Best,
JP

7 Likes

Thank you JP! Sorry I must have missed your email but glad we connected now.

Looking forward to your email.

-Adam

4 Likes

Hi JP,

Checking today and I see we're still hitting ratelimit, was that change pushed?

-Adam

Hi JP (@jple) ,

Hope you're well. Wondering if there is some issue I can help with which is blocking this?

-Adam

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.