Protocol Buffers Version

In boulder, many directories has own proto directorty and inside in them, exist .proto files as we know as. But they are wrote with proto2 syntax. Can i change without error them with proto3 syntax? What is your suggestions? I am new in this topic and go, thanks for advices …

Hi @Claymorehack,

No, we have looked at this upgrade and are interested in doing it sooner or later (Move to proto3 · Issue #2936 · letsencrypt/boulder · GitHub) but it isn't as easy as changing the version and regenerating the protobufs.

It's hard to give suggestions without knowing more. Why are you running Boulder? Why do you need to change to proto3?

i am intern students, and i try to encrypt iot device comminacation with Tsl and also try to get CA with open sources. I am new on go language and they gave me to checking boulder’s open source. I realize .proto files and i found protocol buffers. But i get confused about “repeated” and “optional” keyword that what they do. In proto3 , this keyword is not avalaible, i asked this question because of this reason. We are still not sure about using Boulder because the architecture is not good. There are one more main.go files and this makes hard to understand what code do. Before you answered this question they are said to me change to open source which is cfssl. Are you have any suggestion about open source getting CA between iot devices?

Before you answered this question they are said to me change to open source which is cfssl

:+1: I agree that CFSSL will likely be a better fit for your environment.

I don't, sorry. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.