Problem binding to port 80: [WinError 10013]

hi, i am using apache tomcat 9 on windows server. When I run the cerbot certonly --standalone command, I get the following error. I have searched the previous threads but could not reach the conclusion.

netstat -oan | When I check with the find "80" command, I see that the system is using port 80. I can't stop it. Is there any other way?

certbot.errors.StandaloneBindError: Problem binding to port 80: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket that is not allowed by access permissions
2022-11-14 10:44:57,437:ERROR:certbot._internal.log:Problem binding to port 80: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket that is not allowed by access permissions

My domain is:online.bulanik.bel.tr

I ran this command:certbot certonly --standalone

It produced this output:certbot.errors.StandaloneBindError: Problem binding to port 80: [WinError 10013] Erişim izinlerince izin verilmeyen bir şekilde bir yuvaya erişilmeye çalışıldı
2022-11-14 10:44:57,437:ERROR:certbot._internal.log:Problem binding to port 80: [WinError 10013] Erişim izinlerince izin verilmeyen bir şekilde bir yuvaya erişilmeye çalışıldı

My web server is (include version): Apache Tomcat 9.0.41

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows Server 2012 R2

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): Certbot 1.32.0

Presumably Apache [Tomcat] is already using port 80, so you'd need to stop that to run the certbot "standalone" mode, which is also a basic port 80 web server.

2 Likes

thank you for answer

netstat -oan | find "80" i checked with command There are no ports used by apache. I stopped the service. It seems to be using System (NT Kernel § System) port 80 at the moment. i checked

1 Like

Ok, do you have IIS installed? If so it may have a default website running.

I presume you are running certbot as Administrator under a CMD that has "Run as Administrator" enabled. Non-admin (and non-elevated) accounts can't bind to port 80 on Windows.

2 Likes

thanks for the answer
80 port iis was also working, I stopped it, I passed this step, but after entering the domain and mail information, I encountered an error like this. I am doing this for the first time.

domain is on a different server, but we forwarded the domain I want to receive ssl to the server wan ip address.

Detail: The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" != "404 File Not Found\nThe requested URL was not found on this server"

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

2022-11-16 15:59:54,796:DEBUG:certbot._internal.error_handler:Encountered exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\auth_handler.py", line 106, in handle_authorizations
self._poll_authorizations(authzrs, max_retries, best_effort)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\auth_handler.py", line 206, in _poll_authorizations
raise errors.AuthorizationError('Some challenges have failed.')
certbot.errors.AuthorizationError: Some challenges have failed.

2022-11-16 15:59:54,796:DEBUG:certbot._internal.error_handler:Calling registered functions
2022-11-16 15:59:54,797:INFO:certbot._internal.auth_handler:Cleaning up challenges
2022-11-16 15:59:54,798:DEBUG:certbot._internal.plugins.standalone:Stopping server at :::80...
2022-11-16 15:59:54,798:DEBUG:certbot._internal.plugins.standalone:Stopping server at 0.0.0.0:80...
2022-11-16 15:59:54,833:DEBUG:certbot._internal.log:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in run_code
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\bin\certbot.exe_main
.py", line 29, in
sys.exit(main())
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot\main.py", line 19, in main
return internal_main.main(cli_args)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\main.py", line 1744, in main
return config.func(config, plugins)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\main.py", line 1591, in certonly
lineage = _get_and_save_cert(le_client, config, domains, certname, lineage)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\main.py", line 141, in _get_and_save_cert
lineage = le_client.obtain_and_enroll_certificate(domains, certname)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\client.py", line 530, in obtain_and_enroll_certificate
cert, chain, key, _ = self.obtain_certificate(domains)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\client.py", line 442, in obtain_certificate
orderr = self._get_order_and_authorizations(csr.data, self.config.allow_subset_of_names)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\client.py", line 510, in _get_order_and_authorizations
authzr = self.auth_handler.handle_authorizations(orderr, self.config, best_effort)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\auth_handler.py", line 106, in handle_authorizations
self._poll_authorizations(authzrs, max_retries, best_effort)
File "C:\Program Files\Certbot\pkgs\certbot_internal\auth_handler.py", line 206, in _poll_authorizations
raise errors.AuthorizationError('Some challenges have failed.')
certbot.errors.AuthorizationError: Some challenges have failed.
2022-11-16 15:59:54,838:ERROR:certbot._internal.log:Some challenges have failed.

You might get further faster by using IIS to validate the challenge request.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.