Private key not showing in new ssl connected site

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:hardiksofttech.com

I ran this command:I have connected to free ssl and its now connected corrected but after download the file for adding code in the server so its missing private key file please check

only bundle and certificate file is coming in zip file

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

What is "free ssl"? Could you please be more elaborate?

What is connected correctly to what? Could you please be more elaborate?

What file? Could you please be more elaborate?

What ZIP file? Could you please be more elaborate?

Could it be this is an online service provided by a third party where you generate the private key on your own system to sign the CSR? If yes, then you should use this locally generated private key.

Actually when Download Certificate after connected to free ssl so its when we have need three key for connected to my hosting

i am using hostinger web hosting for my website

and i have need three key but after install and download you have given two files , certificate and ca bundle file

Certificate (CRT)
Private key: (KEY)*

Certificate authority bundle (CABUNDLE)

can you provide this three key because i have already connected my site into free ssl and also i have verified my site

@akhilshah: please answer these,

Hi @akhilshah,

That's not the name of a service or software application. Could you please be more specific about exactly what tool or site you're using to try to get your certificate? There are many different possibilities, and we're probably not going to be able to guess.

Troubleshoot: Missing Private Key

There are two main reasons why your downloaded ZIP-file might not contain a private key file. To learn more about why your private.key file may not be available, please keep reading below.

Reason #1: Changed Password

Your account password is uniquely connected to the way we securely retrieve your private keys when you want to download your certificate (.zip file). As a result, if you change or reset your ZeroSSL account password, our system can no longer retrieve any private keys for certificates that were created when you still had your old password.

I am facing this problem can you please solve this problem

Hi @akhilshah

you use ZeroSSL. Please ask there how to find your correct private key.

That's not a Letsencrypt problem, that's a problem of that third party tool you use.

1 Like

To be more explicit about that, ZeroSSL used to use Let's Encrypt certificates but after it was acquired by apilayer, it became its own certificate authority

and indeed, it no longer has any connection with this forum at all (except for some tools that can use both Let's Encrypt and ZeroSSL via the ACME technology, but if you're using ZeroSSL's web interface, that's not one of them).

Let's Encrypt (which this forum is about) doesn't have any official web interface at all. @freessltools.com has recently made a new unofficial one at https://freessltools.com/. If you want to use Let's Encrypt via a web interface, you could consider using that one. The officially recommended way to use Let's Encrypt is by using a web hosting provider that has built-in support for it. There is a list of these at

If you are the administrator of your own VPS or dedicated server, you can also use Let's Encrypt via one of the tools at

These are not as relevant if you're not the system administrator of your web server.

If you do continue using ZeroSSL's tools, @JuergenAuer is right that this forum is no longer the place to get help with them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.