Cannot Find Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
peakfitnessgym.co.uk
I ran this command: N/A

It produced this output: N/A

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Tsohost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Cloud Web Hosting

I am trying to find my certificate itself, CA bundle, and private key. any idea where i can find it.
thanks
K

Well, you say you can't login as root into a shell and you're using some kind of control panel from a cloud webhosting. Therefore I would say the control panel you're using should offer this option and if it doesn't, it will be rather difficult to get the private key. The certificate itself can be downloaded from crt.sh, the IdenTrust cross signed intermediate certificate can be downloaded from the Let's Encrypt website (and together will form the "bundle"), but the private key is only available to your webhoster.

Thanks for the reply Osiris, I have decided to get a New SSL certificate from my host using their paid options as i am unable to retrieve the private key. will the new certificate override the old one?

I'm not following this train of thought.. Why do you need the private key and why should you pay for another certificate without the current private key? What makes you think you can't get a new free Let's Encrypt certificate?

I don't know. Without a magic crystall ball I don't have a clue how you manage your certificates in the first place. You're giving us very little information to work with.

Hi,

It seems that the hosting is using free letsencrypt (which should be automatically installed)

Can you share us your control panel screen shot so we can help you better?

Thank you

sorry for being unintentionally vague, my knowledge of this subject is very limited I appreciate the responses.
the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.