SSL Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:juniororangebowl.org

The rest I have no clue how to answer :O(

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

You don't even know where your website is being hosted? Which company do you pay money for running your website?

1 Like

We aren't sure - one place says Amazon the other says Bluehost

So we are starting with the root level-- you.

Euh, lemme get this straight, so we understand each other: you don't know which company you pay money or if you do know you pay one or two companies for, you don't know what for you pay those companies money? I'm pretty sure even you find that odd? :wink:

Anyway, it seems your DNS provider is BlueHost and the IP address of your website is owned by Amazon, so your webhosting provider probably is Amazon.

However, that doesn't clear up much. For example, we also need to know what kind of plan you have at Amazon: are you on shared hosting? Or do you have full access to the server?

But perhaps the most important question is: what do you actually require? Because your site already has a Let's Encrypt certificate and is already secure?

2 Likes

great questions...will continue digging to understand the why...thank you

1 Like

I fear you have some terrible misunderstanding if you think Let's Encrypt is "the root level". All that Let's Encrypt does is verify that the computer hosting your site actually owns your domain name, and if so it issues a certificate saying so. But it's really not directly related to the computers that run your web site.

3 Likes

got it! Thanks

2 Likes

@petercooperjr, have you never seen a tail wag a dog?

3 Likes

From where I sit;

The IP is in an Amazon block

rDNS record for 52.5.5.85: ec2-52-5-5-85.compute-1.amazonaws.com

with:

Name Server: NS1.BLUEHOST.COM pointing to it. (and NS2)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.