I just released a new ACMEv2 client as a PowerShell module called Posh-ACME. Project site is here:
It’s also installable via PowerShellGallery.
Notable features include:
- Single command for new certs,
- Easy renewals via
- RSA and ECC private keys supported for accounts and certificates
- DNS challenge plugins for various DNS servers and providers (PRs welcome)
- DNS challenge CNAME support
- Help system for DNS plugins using
- DNS plugins support batch updates
- Multiple accounts supported per user profile which allows different certs to have different contact emails
- PEM and PFX output files
- No elevated Windows privileges required
Features lacking at the moment:
- Extensive list of DNS plugins (this is my highest priority now that it’s released, particularly acme-dns)
- Pre/Post hooks to aid with certificate deployment and automation
- HTTP challenge support
- Account key rollover
- PowerShell Core support
During development, I was particularly inspired by acme.sh which is a fantastic client for non-Windows platforms. I wanted the same feeling but on Windows and none of the existing Windows native clients I found really fit the bill. Even fewer supported ACMEv2 with wildcards.
There’s a Quick Start in the project readme. There’s also a much more in-depth tutorial.
I’d be happy for any feedback. Cheers!