pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'letsencrypt==0.4.1' distribution was not found and is required by the application

hi
can you please help me?
i try to renew certificate and get a message:
root@home:~# /usr/bin/letsencrypt renew
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/letsencrypt”, line 5, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2927, in
@_call_aside
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2913, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2940, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 635, in _build_master
ws.require(requires)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 943, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 829, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The ‘letsencrypt==0.4.1’ distribution was not found and is required by the application
root@home:~#

Hi,

Can you tell us what’s your system version and certbot version?

(You probably need to run your install command and get the newest version of the software, certbot)
try the following commands please (depending on your server version)
sudo yum install certbot
sudo apt-get install certbot

Thank you

Ubuntu Linux 16.04.1

I have installed certbot and the system offered me to install several new packages.

certbot letsencrypt python3-acme python3-asn1crypto python3-augeas python3-certbot python3-certbot-apache python3-cffi-backend python3-configargparse python3-configobj python3-cryptography python3-funcsigs python3-future python3-icu
python3-idna python3-josepy python3-mock python3-ndg-httpsclient python3-openssl python3-parsedatetime python3-pbr python3-pyasn1 python3-rfc3339 python3-tz python3-zope.component python3-zope.event python3-zope.hookable
python3-zope.interface

and update letsencrypt

and it`s work!
thx!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.