No valid AAAA records found for mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly

It produced this output:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

How would you like to authenticate with the ACME CA?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1: Nginx Web Server plugin (nginx)
2: Spin up a temporary webserver (standalone)
3: Place files in webroot directory (webroot)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Select the appropriate number [1-3] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel): 1
Please enter the domain name(s) you would like on your certificate (comma and/or
space separated) (Enter 'c' to cancel): mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru
Requesting a certificate for mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: nginx). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
  Domain: mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru
  Type:   dns
  Detail: During secondary validation: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; no valid AAAA records found for mtg.perpetum-mobile.ru

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to verify the temporary nginx configuration changes made by Certbot. Ensure the listed domains point to this nginx server and that it is accessible from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version): nginx/1.18.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: fornex

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.26.0

Welcome to the community @IgnatInyutsin

The message is clear. You have not created the DNS A and/or AAAA records for your domain name. These are needed for Let's Encrypt to find your server for the http challenge.

Use the Let's Debug test site to test your DNS changes

2 Likes

Im having A record, check my domain in browser, but why lets debug not found my domain?

I did check your domain. I cannot see any A record.

We have had several reports of DNS problems from people using Yandex lately. Yandex is not behaving well.

Google dig site does not see it either.
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#A/

3 Likes

Ok, thank you

2 Likes

Note that the "During secondary validation" part of the error means the primary validation was succesful, but 2 out of 3 secondary validations were unsuccesful.

This reinforces @MikeMcQ s theory of a not behaving DNS provider, possibly geographically in nature.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.