dpman
February 29, 2020, 3:33pm
1
Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com ), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.
My domain is: pinewaterfarms.org
I ran this command: certbot
It produced this output:DNS problem: SERVFAIL looking up A for pinewaterfarms.org -
the domain’s nameservers may be malfunctioning
My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Centos 7
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):certbot 1.0.0
Hi @dpman
checking your domain - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=pinewaterfarms.org
Your nameserver is ns73.worldnic.com.
There is a long topic:
Worldnic name servers don't work. Reason: Unknown.
dpman
February 29, 2020, 4:22pm
3
Will there be any solution anytime soon?
I am applying to become a CA, its In Processing…
I have a root CA and an intermediate CA? Can you guys
sign the IM cert so I can issue my own certs?
9peppe
February 29, 2020, 4:26pm
4
Switch nameserver provider? You can without changing registrars.
dpman
February 29, 2020, 4:28pm
5
How can I switch? I have NS at the moment and they host my email…
I host the web site…
9peppe
February 29, 2020, 4:29pm
6
You change the NS records, making sure the MX records point to their mailserver and A/AAAA point to where your website is.
dpman
February 29, 2020, 4:31pm
7
The A record already points to my server… I have several other domains
and this one is the only one not working… Same set up for all of them…
9peppe
February 29, 2020, 4:32pm
8
So it’s just a fluke. Wait some time and retry.
dpman
February 29, 2020, 4:33pm
9
Yupperz, I been trying now for a few weeks thinking the same thing…
9peppe
February 29, 2020, 4:53pm
10
I probably would have switched after a few days .
I’d suggest looking into it .
dpman
February 29, 2020, 5:18pm
11
Do you have recommended DNS/email pros that you can recommend?
Preferrably ones that work with LE certs! lol…
dpman
February 29, 2020, 5:20pm
12
dig pinewaterfarms.org
; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-9.P2.el7 <<>> pinewaterfarms.org
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 39538
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;pinewaterfarms.org . IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
pinewaterfarms.org . 7200 IN A 100.11.72.140
;; Query time: 51 msec
;; SERVER: 71.242.0.12#53(71.242.0.12)
;; WHEN: Sat Feb 29 12:19:58 EST 2020
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 63
9peppe
February 29, 2020, 5:49pm
13
I’ve given you three already!
I don’t know if NS pulls some shady stuff to keep your dns, but it’s independent from email and anything else.
Just backup all the things before doing anything.
rg305
February 29, 2020, 7:00pm
14
For free DNS services see also: https://cloudns.net/
schoen
March 2, 2020, 3:45am
15
No, because Let's Encrypt certificates are publicly trusted and Let's Encrypt doesn't have a way to confirm or control whether other CAs perform validation correctly. So Let's Encrypt can't take responsibility for making other CAs publicly trusted by delegating trust to them.