Net::err_cert_date_invalid

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:www.bothcos.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output: NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Google Chrome

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi, my website isn’t accesible anymore, due to an expired certificate? My website is hosted by webnode but I can’t contact them right now (it’s Sunday evening)
I would like to have solved this issue because our webshop customers will not want to risk an ‘unsafe’ website.

I really hope someone can help me?

Thank you so much in advance!
John

1 Like

Yes, it expired this morning.

The only one who can help you is the one who obtained the cert. If you did that yourself, renew your cert. If your web host did it for you, only they can renew it, and they should have done that about a month ago. And in fact a new cert was issued a month ago (see https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=bothcos.com), but your site doesn't seem to be using it. Your web server needs to be told to use this new cert. If you have a control panel where you can do that, that's what you need to do. If not, your web host will need to do this.

1 Like

Hi DanB35, thank you very much for your response. We are running a webshop and we are losing money at this moment because of this issue. I was hoping that there was a solution that i could do myself. I made my website myself and I have control about everything, but I don't think I have a 'control panel'. Where should I be able to find out wether i can access a control panel or not?

By the way, you are reacting very quick, it is nice to have people like you who are taking such an efforts to help other people likely at the other part of the world :slight_smile: (i am living in Belgium)
Thanks!
John

1 Like

Your webhost, webnode, might have a control panel that has the option to maintain/renew a certificate. It's usually where you would manage the settings for your site. If there is not an option there, you will need to contact their support to get a renewed certificate or their help installing a recently issued one.

If you made the website yourself and obtained the certificate, you will need to recall which client you used so our community can help you get your certificate renewed and configure automatic renewals.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.