My IP got blocked from using an old cert-manager version

Hello,

I had cert-manager 0.2.0 set up on my cluster and got my IP blocked because of my server making too many requests to the production ACME api. I’ve updated cert-manager to v0.4.0-dev.2 and tested with the staging endpoint. I wanted to proceed to use the production endpoint now, but I get an error about my IP being rate-limited.

The error from the logs is:

clusterissuers controller: Re-queuing item "letsencrypt" due to error processing: acme: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited: Your IP, 151.11.49.144, has been blocked due to ridiculously excessive traffic. Once this is corrected you may request this be reviewed on our forum https://community.letsencrypt.org

The repeated requests error should be fixed in this version, right? do I need to do something else or could my IP (151.11.49.144) be reviewed?

Thanks,

Daniele

If you have updated your software, then I believe @cpu it the correct person to ping for review...

Should I send an email or just wait for him to reply here?
Thanks

I think it’s better to wait here for now :slightly_smiling_face:

Pinging Let’s Encrypt staff for attention. @lestaff

Hi @iH8c0ff33,

Thanks for upgrading your cert-manager installation, much appreciated!

I've opened a ticket with our SRE team to unblock your IP address. I'll update this thread once that change has been made.

Thanks for your patience,

Hi, @iH8c0ff33,

Your IP address has been unblocked in production. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Thanks! Everything is working perfectly now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.