Help needed unblocking IP

Hi all,

I’m running cert-manager on our Kubernetes cluster which requests for a LE cert every time a new feature branch is created.

Previously we were on 0.2.0 and I think we hit the domain limit as we have quite a number of feature branches.

Unfortunately it appears that cert-manager keeps re-requesting and it hit some kind of IP block.

Now I see the following error when we describe the issuer.

Warning  ErrVerifyACMEAccount  1m (x11 over 2m)   cert-manager             Failed to verify ACME account: acme: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited: Your IP, 52.x, has been blocked due to ridiculously excessive traffic. Once this is corrected you may request this be reviewed on our forum https://community.letsencrypt.org
  Warning  ErrInitIssuer         1m (x11 over 2m)   cert-manager             Error initializing issuer: acme: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited: Your IP, 52.x, has been blocked due to ridiculously excessive traffic. Once this is corrected you may request this be reviewed on our forum https://community.letsencrypt.org

Would like to request for an unblock so that we can test the upgraded cert-manager which should (hopefully) reduce the limit by using wildcard certs.

Thanks!

Not very comfortable sharing the actual ip here, how can we securely send this?

The “ridiculously excessive traffic” rate limit isn’t about, like, getting a couple too many certificates. It’s about… ridiculously excessive traffic. Likely multiple requests per second. All the time.

Here’s the cert-manager bug:

What did you upgrade to? 0.3.0 may behave better, but 0.2.4 doesn’t.

You can probably email or private message your IP address to one of the Let’s Encrypt staff. I hope they’ll chime in in this thread.

Yeah I suspect it was due to cert-manager attempting to retry getting certificates and because we have quite a number of branches, it repeats itself quite a bit.

Hopefully we can get unblocked soon.

What version of cert-manager have you upgraded to?

v0.3.0.

Is there anyone I can contact privately to send my IP?

You could talk with @cpu

Great :+1: - You can email the affected IP addresses to cpu @ letsencrypt.org (or send a forum DM)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.