Multidomain Wildcard Certificate

Hi, I have created one single certificate that contains the two domains “domainA.com ” and “domainB.com ”. Both webs do use the same web-server, but only different directories. For domainA.com the SSL works perfect. Now accessing the domainB.com the error DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID is shown. The message from SSL-Checker says: "None of the common names in the certificate match the name that was entered (domainB.com ). You may receive an error when accessing this site in a web browser.

FYI: The certificate has been created using the service: https://www.sslforfree.com

The certificate is correct and have all domains in alternate name of the holder:
DNS Name=.domaina.com
DNS Name=
.domainb.com

Any ideas?

Best Regards
Marco

Providing the actual domain names (as you were told you needed to do when you posted) would help. But off the top of my head, a cert for *.domain.com won't be valid for domain.com.

Hi @marcoahp

please answer all of the following questions:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Thanks. That was the problem. Now I include
*.domaina.com
domaina.com
*.domainb.com
domainb.com
and It works perfect

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.