I have had a Let’s Encrypt cert for quite some time now on my home server and it grew when I started adding new services and therefore domains.
What happened is that as the old server died, I moved everything to a new server (or actually two servers now). It seems I forgot to change something though (thatfunkyplace.* points to a NextCloud instance), as renewal won’t work.
The cert expires by tomorrow and the services are just for me and my family, so I wonder if there’s a quick and easy solution, or would it actually be easier to let it expire end generate new cert(s).
My domain is:
I ran this command:
sudo certbot renew --dry-run
It produced this output:
Waiting for verification... Cleaning up challenges Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/dafaq.wheremymonkeyis.at.conf produced an unexpected error: Failed authorization procedure. thatfunkyplace.wheremymonkeyis.at (http-01): urn:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://thatfunkyplace.wheremymonkeyis.at/.well-known/acme-challenge/cdZY4Yk0UV9S_df5md26weMVhz5RQGkpJndQ1ib6TA8: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html class="ng-csp" data-placeholder-focus="false" lang="en" > <head data-requesttoken="CiVlldCm5lCpw5L8L+PTwU". Skipping. ** DRY RUN: simulating 'certbot renew' close to cert expiry ** (The test certificates below have not been saved.) All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed: /etc/letsencrypt/live/dafaq.wheremymonkeyis.at/fullchain.pem (failure) ** DRY RUN: simulating 'certbot renew' close to cert expiry ** (The test certificates above have not been saved.) 1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s) IMPORTANT NOTES: - The following errors were reported by the server: Domain: thatfunkyplace.wheremymonkeyis.at Type: unauthorized Detail: Invalid response from http://thatfunkyplace.wheremymonkeyis.at/.well-known/acme-challenge/cdZY4Yk0UV9S_df5md26weMVhz5RQGkpJndQ1ib6TA8: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html class="ng-csp" data-placeholder-focus="false" lang="en" > <head data-requesttoken="CiVlldCm5lCpw5L8L+PTwU" To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain contain(s) the right IP address.
My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Debian 8 (with Armbian kernel)
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):