My web server is (include version):
APACHE ?
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
CENTOS 7
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
standalone and cloudflare
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no control panel
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): i believe acme.sh

Guys we have a defunct CENTOS 7 virtual installation that looks beyond salvadge.
I do not know the email address associated with the account or even the configuration.
It was being used as a renewal for a multi domain mailhost cert that cannot allow access on port 80 (half standalone half cloudflare DNS verification) then the cert was copied to the host that needed the certificate.
Current certificate is valid till March next year so no worries there however how to go about "recreating" the install and certificate setup ? I'm weary of the cloudflare DNS api but do have access to all the related cloudflare accounts .... Any help or pointers would be great !

If there is no backup/snapshot...
You will have to do it all over again.
Use the staging environment to test things before you roll them out.

3 Likes

thankyou Rd ! nope no snapshot or backup/export.
I have managed to get the old vmdk partially mounted and found alot of data in lost&found in various long numbered directories - going through in date order I have found older renewed certs for the actual mailhost in question !
What directories or single files would I need from the old install to move to a new install?

If you can locate the renewal.conf files.
That would show how that cert was being renewed.
It could help you figure which where --standalone and which used CloudFlare.
Getting the CloudFlare creds file(s) could also save you time.

If you can afford a bit of downtime, you really could just scrap it all and get all new certs.

2 Likes

Hi RG thankyou ! I cannot find any file names renewal.conf however I can find account.conf and ca.conf
Would these assist in rebuilding a new acme.sh setup on a new CENTOS install ?

1 Like

Sorry, the file information I gave was for another ACME client ("certbot") - LOL

For acme.sh renewal information, I think you'd need to find files like:
/root/.acme/{FQDN}/{FQDN}.conf

2 Likes

yup haha ! well the ./.acme.sh/FQDN/ directory has account.conf + CA plus all the domain files and the contents of account.conf has the SAVED_CF_KEY and the SAVED_CF_EMAIL and the UPGRADE_HASH, now i have the impossible task of how to extract the directory contents with no IP access (its booted off a rescue iso) arghhhh the fun of virtualisation with no backups !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.