Load Resource Directory 14090086

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: workfolders.maraisviljoen.co.za

I ran this command: le64.exe -generate-missing -key account.key -csr domain.csr -csr-key domain.key -crt domain.crt -domains "workfolders.maraisviljoen.co.za" -path "C:\inetpub\wwwroot.well-known\acme-challenge" -unlink -renew 60 -live -handle-as http

It produced this output:
2023/01/09 15:49:21 [ Crypt::LE client v0.38 started. ]
2023/01/09 15:49:21 Loading an account key from account.key
2023/01/09 15:49:21 Loading a CSR from domain.csr
2023/01/09 15:49:21 Checking certificate for expiration (local file).
2023/01/09 15:49:21 Expiration threshold set at 60 days, the certificate expires in 5 days - will be renewing.
2023/01/09 15:49:24 Could not load the resource directory: SSL connection failed for acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org: SSL connect attempt failed error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

My web server is (include version): IIS 10

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows Server 2016

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): LE64 v0.38

Found the issue. The ISP was having a routing issue and it was stopping some requests getting through. Problem is now cleared up.

3 Likes

OK, glad to see it's sorted out - the verification of the server cert helps with the potential "man-in-the-middle" situations, so if the ISP for some reason lands you on their own page when you request a specific resource (due to filtering or some other issues), this would indeed trigger an error.

I have also replied on Github - if you feel that it's indeed resolved, please add a comment there, and I will close that issue.

Thanks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.