Letsencrypt Using two domains error

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

I ran this command:
It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):
centos 6.5
My web server is (include version):
apache
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
godaddy domain
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

I use one domain and I want to add one more domain.::cry:

I think the problem is that you typed -debug instead of --debug and it thought you wanted to generate a certificate for a domain named ebug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good catch, @jmorahan!

@schoen

I have a suggestion. When this error happens “DNS name does not have enough labels”, it would be better if the error message contains the wrong domain name, like: "DNS name: ‘debug’ does not have enough labels ".

That would help the user understand and solve the problem.

There are a lot of users seeing this error.

2 Likes

@Neilpang, that’s a great suggestion. Would you be willing to open an issue on

about this? (That error comes entirely from the CA side.)

I’m working on something where Certbot will try to direct people to a web page that will help give more detailed advice about specific ACME errors (especially about failed challenge validations, but maybe about other topics too?). So, maybe in connection with that I should try to go through all of the ACME errors and see if it appears that they could be made more helpful.

1 Like

I just created an issue:

1 Like

To follow-up in forum and save everyone an additional link click, @neilpang’s issue was a duplicate and was closed in favour of https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder/issues/2526

Please follow #2526 for this. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.