Letsencrypt in Trusty

Hi

I run a self-installed letsencrypt implementation on a Trusty server. It’s complaining about the python2.7 version being depricated. I managed to get it to run using python 3 successfully but it’s reverted back to python 2.7. What is the correct way to make it always use python 3 ?

Any suggestions here ? bump

Hi @pucky, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry this post hasn't seen any replies yet. It may be at least in part because you didn't include the answers to the full "Help" category template questions. If you wanted to add that to the thread I think it would help encourage more replies.

Can you provide some more detail about how you self-installed Certbot? ("Letsencrypt" was the old client name before the EFF rebranding to Certbot).

@schoen I didn't think anything special had to be done w.r.t Python3 vs Python2 for Certbot. Do you happen to know if that's true? Could it depend on installation method?

Sorry, I’ll do that in future.

Certbot is unzipped into /opt on my server and run directly from there.

/opt/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto renew

Hi @Pucky,

Could you try using this package method instead of certbot-auto?

1 Like

Ok, done. I get the following warning. I hope it is safe.

Attempting to parse the version 0.32.0 renewal configuration file found at /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/www.smsadvantage.co.za.conf with version 0.31.0 of Certbot. This might not work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.