Letsencrypt and Nginx fails acme challenge

I don't think there will be an issue when your server isn't listening on port 443 and the test showed connection refused.
However, it's really weird that all of us are experiencing a connection timeout issue when your machine can connect successfully... If you can, can you also check if there's any issue on port forwarding or any firewall on your router (or any other possible stuff)?

I’ve been meaning to transfer domain hosting out of enom (an account I set up a very long time ago). So I’ll start there.

Thanks, back in a few days after the transfer occurs :roll_eyes:

Bingo!

Comcast in it’s wisdom has blocked my port forwarding–arg!!!

They report 93 malicious attempts to connect and suggest I delete port forwarding! I can’t even use ssh now!

Why do Americans allow local monopolies to treat us this way? In my area there is no alternative for high speed internet! Comcast must die!!!

1 Like

I feel your rage brother. :triumph:

Wow, on the Comcast forum someone told me how to disable “Advanced Security” this seems to have fixed the problem.

Now port 22 and 80 work again! Yay, thanks everyone for the help.

For those with a similar problem:

Go to your Xfinity account. Somewhere like this: https://internet.xfinity.com/more/my-services/my-services-disabling and flip the switch. I got here by going to overview, choosing my device and viewing the network, then hit the “more” tab and proceeded to “Advanced securty” to disable.

3 Likes

@stevenzhu, @JuergenAuer Thanks so much for all your help! I now have a shiny new cert :joy:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.